Further information about current graduate students and post-doctoral associates is available on the group website.
Current students and collaborators
Sang Beom Kim
Joseph Vella (with A.Z. Panagiotopoulos)
Mohammad Navaid Khan
Visitors and Collaborators
Frank H. Stillinger (Princeton)
Brian Pethica (Princeton)
Ruth Lynden-Bell (Cambridge)
H. Eugene Stanley (Boston)
C. Austen Angell (Tempe)
Peter Rossky (Austin)
Claudio Cerdeiriña (Vigo)
Teresa Head-Gordon (Berkeley)
Diannan Lu (Tsinghua)
Horacio Corti (Buenos Aires)
Former students and collaborators
Graduate Students (Ph.D.)
- Michael A. D’Antonio (1989)
- Carolyn L. Bolton (with W.B. Russel) (1989)
- Irena B. Petsche (1991) - Irena is currently Vice President for Professional Services at Heartbeat Software. Read this news article for more information.
- Jean W. Tom (1993) - Jean is currently Director of Development Engineering, Process Research and Development, at the Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Bristol Myers-Squibb.
- Steven S. Borick (1995) - Steve is a currently Professor in the Chemistry Department at Scottsdale Community College in Scottsdale, Arizona. Visit Steve's home page for more information.
- Janna K. Taylor-Maranas (with W.W. Graessley and S.K. Kumar) (1997) - Janna is currently Associate Professor in the Chemical Engineering Department at Pennsylvania State University. Visit Janna's home page for more information.
- David S. Corti (1997) - David is currently Professor in the Chemical Engineering Department at Purdue University. Visit Dave's home page for more information.
- Michael Winters (1999) - Mike is currently Research Fellow in the Bioprocess Research and Development Department at Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, Pennsylvania
- Christopher J. Roberts (1999) - Chris is currently Associate Professor in the Chemical Engineering Department at the University of Delaware. Visit Chris's home page for more information.
- Jane F. Werling (2001) - Jane is currently Research Scientist in Baxter Healthcare Corporation's Medication Delivery/Bio Pharma Solutions division. Visit Baxter's BioPharma Solutions web page for further details.
- Thomas M. Truskett (with S. Torquato) (2001) - Tom is currently the Paul D. & Betty Robertson Meek Centennial Professor in the Department of Chemical Engineering at the University of Texas at Austin. Visit Tom's home page for more information.
- Vincent K. Shen (2002) - Vince is currently a member of the Computational Chemistry Group at the National Institute of Standards and Technology. Visit Vince's web page for more information.
- Melissa R. Feeney Wasserman (2003) - Melissa is a 2008-2010 Petrie-Flom Academic Fellow at Harvard Law School’s Petrie-Flom Center for Health Law Policy, Biotechnology and Bioethics.
- Michael Scott Shell (with A.Z. Panagiotopoulos) (2005) - Scott is currently Assistant Professor in the Chemical Engineering Department at the University of California, Santa Barbara. Visit Scott's home page for more information.
- Sau Lawrence Lee (2006) - Lawrence is currently at the Food and Drug Administration's Science Group, Office of Generic Drugs. Visit the Center for Drug Evaluation and Research's web page for more information.
- Thomas F. O'Connor (with J.D. Carbeck) (2007) - Tom is a Senior Engineer in the Measurement and Automation Projects section of ExxonMobil Research and Engineering Company.
- Bryan A. Patel (2008) - Bryan is currently a Senior Engineer in the Chemical Engineering Technology section of ExxonMobil Research and Engineering Company.
- Swaroop Chatterjee (2008) - Swaroop is currently a Quantitative Developer in the Sales, Research and Analytics group of Credit Suisse Securities USA.
- Thomas G. Lombardo (2010) - Tom is currently a research engineer with Areté Associates.
- Andrew L. Ferguson (with A.Z. Panagiotopoulos) (2010) - Andy is currently Assistant Professor in the Materials Science and Engineering Department at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. Visit Andy’s web page for more information.
- Santiago Romero-Vargas Castrillón (2011) - Santiago is currently a post-doctoral associate at the Chemical Engineering department at Yale University.
- Theresa Cho (2012) - Theresa is currently a post-doctoral associate at the Department of Physics, Chemistry and Biology (IFM), Molecular Biotechnology Division, at Linköping University in Sweden.
- Harold Hatch (2013)
- Zane Shi (2014)
- Kevin Daly (with J.B. Benziger and A.Z. Panagiotopoulos) (2014)
- Lichao Cai (with S. Sundaresan) (2016)
- Francesco Ricci (2016)
Graduate Students (M.S.E.)
- Duane S. Halverson (1989)
- V.S. Raghavan (1990)
- Ananthu S. Chakravarthi (1993)
- Murat M. Atakan (1995)
- Xianmin Kwauk (1999)
- Rahoma S. Mohamed (1987-89) - Rahoma was Professor of Chemical Engineering at the State University of Campinas, Brazil, until his untimely death in April, 2004.
- Yannis Yentekakis - Yannis is currently Associate Professor in the Department of Sciences and Director of the Laboratory of Physical Chemistry and Chemical Processes, at the Technical University of Crete, Greece.
- David Heath
- Gio-Bin Lim (1990-91) - Gio-Bin is currently Associate Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Suwon, Korea.
- Ariel A. Chialvo (1989-91) - Ariel is currently a member of the Aqueous Chemistry and Geochemistry Group, Chemical Sciences Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory. Visit Ariel's home page for more information.
- Sang-Do Yeo (1992-94) - Sang-Do is currently Professor of Chemical Engineering at Kyungpook National University, Korea. Visit Sang-Do's home page for more information.
- Barbara Knutson (1994-95) - Barbara is currently Associate Professor in the Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering, University of Kentucky. Visit Barbara's home page for more information.
- Pascale Subra (1994-95) - Pascale is currently Director of Research and Group Leader at the Laboratoire d'Ingénierie des Matériaux et des Hautes Pressions, CNRS, Paris, France. Visit Pascale's group's home page for more information.
- Srikanth Sastry (1996-97) - Sri is currently Associate Professor at the Jawarharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, Bangalore, India. Visit Sri's home page for more information.
- Gabriel Luna-Bárcenas (1997-98) - Gabriel is currently at the Centro de Investigación y Estudios Avanzados, Unidad Querétaro, Mexico.
- Markus Weber (1998-99)
- Marcel Utz (1999-00) - Marcel is currently Associate Professor in the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at the University of Virginia. Visit Marcel's home page for more information.
- Jeffrey Errington (1999-01) - Jeff is currently Associate Professor of Chemical and Biological Engineering, State University of New York at Buffalo. Visit Jeff's home page for more information.
- Francisco Chávez-Rios (2002-03) - Francisco is currently in the Market Analysis and Research Group in TransAlta, a power generation company based in Calgary. Visit TransAlta's web page for more information.
- Subhranil De (2003) - Subhranil is is an Assistant Professor of Physics at Indiana University Southeast.
- Nicolás Giovambattista (2004-08) - Nicolás is currently an Assistant Professor of Physics at CUNY’s Brooklyn College.
- Sapna Sarupria (2009-12) – Sapna is currently an Assistant Professor of Chemical Engineering at Clemson University.
- Jeremy Palmer (2011-14) – Jeremy is currently an Assistant Professor of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at University of Houston.
- Amir Haji-Akbari
- Rakesh Singh
Undergraduate Students (Senior Thesis)
- Joseph P. Formica (1986)
- Edmond D. McCarthy (1987)
- Sean T. Foley (1989)
- Maria A. Maruca (1990)
- Spencer Lin (1990)
- Julia T. Tung (1991)
- Eric K. Lin (1991)
- Michael J. Connolly (1993)
- Michael A. Anderson (1995)
- David Z. Frankel (1997)
- George A. Karayiannakis (1997)
- Kenneth Lee (1999)
- Catherine P. Lewis (2000)
- Denise Ng (2000)
- Deepak Muthapa (2001)
- Shravanthi Reddy (2001)
- Kelly C. O'Hara (2003)
- Andrea Hafeman (2005)
- Lauren Ridge (2008)
- Paul Ginart (2010)
- Victoria Hwang (2013)
- Evan Sparano (2016)
- Laura Tociu (2016)
- Robin Speedy (1994)
- Hiroshi Inomata (1994)
- Luis-Paulo Rebelo (1997)
- Howard Reiss (1997)
- Peter Swejda (1998)
- Lesser Blum (2001, 2004)
- Ruth Lynden-Bell (2003)
- Santiago Lago-Aranda (2003)
- Charusita Chakravarty (2005)
- Aydin Sunol (2009,2010)
- Alberto Striolo (2011)